Last updated: July 08, 2016
BACK TO NATIVES RESTORATION and its subsidiaries, branches, vendors, service providers, or affiliates (BTN) take your privacy very seriously and cares about how your information is collected, used, stored, and shared. To better protect your privacy, we are providing this Privacy Statement to explain our practices and the choices that you can make about the way your information is used by Back to Natives Restoration. The information below explains our policy regarding your privacy, both online and offline, in the United States.
By accessing a Platform (defined below) owned and/or operated by Back to Natives Restoration and/or providing your Personal Information with Back to Natives Restoration, you are accepting the practices described in this Privacy Statement and Back to Natives Restoration may use the information provided in accordance with this Privacy Statement. If you reside outside the United States, you understand and agree that your Personal Information may be processed in the United States where laws regarding processing of Personal Information may differ from the laws in your country.
How We Collect Information:
Back to Natives Restoration and its service providers may collect Personal Information and Other Information in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to:
- We may collect information you provide to us over the phone, in email, through a face-to-face conversation, or through online and offline forms such as e-newsletters, surveys, donation forms, event registration/participation, and advocacy action alerts that you populate.
- We may collect IP address, social media ID, browser type, mobile device type, content visited while on Back to Natives Restoration owned or operated websites and/or Apps (collectively, the “Platforms”), Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type (Windows or Macintosh), screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, Internet browser type and version, the duration of the use of the Platforms, or public databases. Collecting browser activities or IP addresses, along with the time of the visit and the page(s) that were visited, are common practices, and are often performed automatically by many websites, applications and other services for such purposes as calculating usage levels, helping diagnose server problems, and administering the Platforms.
- We may collect information that can identify the physical location of your mobile device in accordance with applicable law.
- We may use third-party web and mobile app analytics and optimization services to improve the Platforms and enhance the visitor experience by, for example, recording mouse clicks, mouse movements, scrolling activity as well as text you type in the Platforms.
- We may use third-party collection and tracking analytics services and data to provide certain services for operation of the Platforms and for us to conduct charitable solicitations and other mission-related activities.
- We may use third-party postal address, phone number, and email address products to provide accurate and updated contact information.
- We may use pixel tags and other similar technologies to, among other things, track the actions of users of the Platforms, measure the success of our marketing campaigns, and compile statistics about use of the Platforms and response rates.
- We may collect information from social media platforms used by you or people with whom you are friends or otherwise connected on social media platforms.
- We may collect information from downloaded BTN mobile applications (“Apps”) that you use. We may track and collect Apps’ usage data such as the date and time the Apps accesses our servers, what information and files have been downloaded to the Apps based on your device number, or geographic location of your device by, for example, using satellite, cell phone tower or Wi-Fi signals to provide you with personalized location-based services and content.
- We may collect information about your interactions with email messages, such as the links clicked on and whether the messages were opened or forwarded.
How Back to Natives Restoration Uses Collected Information
Back to Natives Restoration may use collected information to:
- Send you information regarding Back to Natives Restoration, our affiliates, and our partners.
- Process and respond to inquiries and for the purposes for which you provided the information, such as to process donations, register or renew you as a donor or supporter, purchase merchandise, or receive information about a project, special event, and service.
- Personalize the content, improve the navigability of the Platforms, and customize your experience on the Platforms, including targeted content, offers, and advertising on the Platforms, or via email or text message.
- Respond to your questions and comments.
- Notify you about special programs, offers, products and services that may be of interest to you, either from Back to Natives Restoration or on behalf of our affiliates or Other Organizations.
- Alert you to administrative information such as information regarding Platforms’ features, changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
- Conduct surveys to measure your satisfaction with aspects of Back to Natives Restoration’s activities.
- Analyze aggregate data, usage trend identification, promotional campaign development, audit, fraud monitoring or prevention, new product or service development, Platforms’ enhancement, Interaction improvement, or operating and expansion purposes.
- Post information or materials on our message boards, chat, profile pages, blogs, and other services. Please note that any information you post or disclose through these services will become public and may be available to users of the Platforms and to the general public.
- Protect the security or integrity of the Platforms and Back to Natives Restoration, such as by protecting against fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims and other liabilities, and managing risk exposure, including by identifying potential hackers and other unauthorized users.
- As otherwise described to you at the point of collection.
How Back to Natives Restoration May Share Information
Whereas Back to Native Restoration does not ‘sell’ or ‘rent’ or ‘exchange’ names or postal addresses to other organizations that are not Affiliates, Your information may be shared in the following ways and/or with the following parties:
- Service Providers: We may disclose the information we collect from you to third party vendors, service providers, contractors, or agents who perform functions on our behalf such as solicitation or acknowledgment of charitable gifts, aggregate analysis and marketing activities.
- Corporate Affiliates: For disclosure or agreement performance purposes to our Affiliates which include related entities, grantors, auditors, attorneys, grantees, other charities, collaborative partners, sponsors, approved vendors or service providers, or their subcontractors providers.
- Aggregate Data: We may share aggregate statistics and other non-personally identifiable information with third parties for marketing, advertising, research, or similar purposes. These aggregate statistics will not allow anyone to identify your Personal Information.
- While you may opt out of sharing with Other Organizations as provided above, we retain the right to share your information with third parties in the following circumstances:
- In Connection with Business Transfers: For disclosure purposes to a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer, or other disposition of all or any portion of our operations, assets, or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
- Pursuant to Legal Requirements: For disclosure purposes as necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence.
- To Protect Our Website and Users: We will disclose your information when we believe disclosure is necessary to investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal activity, suspected fraud or other wrongdoing; to protect and defend the rights, property or safety of our organization, our employees, our Site users or others; or to enforce our website terms and conditions or other agreements or policies.
How You Can Control Collection and Use of Your Information
- Marketing Email Opt Out: You may, at any time, choose to opt out of receiving marketing-related emails by following the opt-out procedures at the bottom of our emails. Please allow 10 business days for us to respond to your request.
- Mailing List: You may, at any time, choose to opt out of receiving mail from us by calling us at (949) 509-4787 or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please allow 30-60 days for your address to be removed from any mailings that are currently underway.
- Accessing, Modifying, Updating, and Deleting Your Information: We strive to keep our records as accurate as possible. You may, under applicable laws, have a right to access, correct, modify, or request the deletion of your Personal Information from our marketing list at any time. In certain circumstances, you may have the right to object to the processing of your Personal Information. If you have a right under law to access your information, or if you would like to update your information, please call us at (949) 509-4787or contact us online.
Tracking Options (including California Do Not Track Disclosures)
Certain parts of our Platforms require Cookies. You are free to set your browser or operating system settings to limit certain tracking or to decline Cookies, but by doing so, you may not be able to access some of the features we offer. Please refer to your Web browser’s or operating system’s website or “Help” section for more information on how to delete and/or disable your browser or operating system from receiving Cookies or controlling your tracking preferences. On your mobile device, you may use your privacy settings to control the use of more relevant advertising. Our system may not respond to Do Not Track requests or headers from some or all browsers.
Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, you are entitled by law to request an Information Sharing Disclosure. If you provide notice to the address below, we will provide you with a notice of your right to prevent sharing of your personal information as well as a cost-free means of doing so. To receive such a notice, submit a written request to the address listed in the “Questions/Contact Information” section below, specifying that you seek your “California Customer Choice Notice.” Please allow 30 days for a response.
How We Protect Information
Back to Natives Restoration uses appropriate and reasonable organizational, electronic, physical, administrative, and technical measures to help safeguard Personal Information from unauthorized access or disclosure. We take these and other appropriate precautions to help ensure the security, integrity and confidentiality of customer information; however, no transmission or electronic storage of information can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your use of the Platforms or engagement with us is no longer secure, please immediately notify us as described in the “Questions/Contact Information” section below.
This Website is not directed toward children under 13 years of age nor does BACK TO NATIVES RESTORATION knowingly collect information from children under 13. If you are under 13, please do not submit any personally identifiable information to BACK TO NATIVES RESTORATION.
Third Party Content and Links
Our Platforms may contain links to third-party websites, applications, or similar technology that are not associated with or over which Back to Natives Restoration has no control. Any access to and use of such linked websites is not governed by this Statement, but instead is governed by the privacy statements of those third party websites. We are not responsible for the information practices or content of these other websites and/or applications.
Changes to this Privacy Statement
Back to Natives Restoration may, from time to time, amend this Privacy Statement. We will post any revisions to the Platforms, and we advise you to check back periodically. The “Effective Date” reference at the top of this page indicates when we last revised this Privacy Statement. Any changes to this Privacy Statement will become effective when we post the revised Privacy Statement on the Platforms. Your continued use of the Platforms or engagement in the Interactions after we implement such changes will also constitute your affirmative consent to the revised Privacy Statement.
If you have any questions, concerns, or suggestions regarding this Privacy Statement or our privacy practices, you may contact us online, send us an email at email@example.com, call us at 1 (949) 509-4787 Tuesday through Saturday between 9:00 am and 4:00pm Pacific Standard Time, or write us at:
Attn: Member Care Team
BACK TO NATIVES RESTORATION
PO BOX 10820
Santa Ana, CA 92711
Please note that you may be required to prove your identity before we can fulfill your request.